
Was having a little trouble really believing this is REAL right now!
Nothing a quick trip to "Babies R Us" for some last mintue GIRL items couldn't fix!!!!
I have to admit though that I am like walking in my sleep! In a sort of "I can't believe this is REALLY TRUE" Daze. And in that daze I stood for probably 20 minutes in front of the massive wall of tippy cups and bottles and just looked!
Now, this is especially odd because as a foster Mama to babies/toddlers I have been to this store MANY times and have many brands I just go straight too!
Today somehow I could not really even see straight. Finally ended up with a few things:
Matching Tippy cups for Lovely and M his in yellow hers in Pink!
Batteries for the glowing,singing seahorse (also matching M's :) Girls Pullups, that kind of thing!
(came home and ordered the Pink Glow worm since the store only had blue and well uh, M's is blue and I am ready for PINK and Purple things!)You may have noticed I am on a theme of "matching things" for Lovely and Baby M....it's NOT just because I think it will be adorable to have 2 year old boy/girl/Indonesian/Caucasian/Haitian Twins, but also because I want there to be as little competition for the toys as humanly possible! Lovely has come from a place of having almost no toys at all, while M has been the only baby for almost a year now and thinks all the toys are his! So, we have put most of the toys away and will keep out just a few things that they will each have one of and help life to be as calm and peaceful for 2 brand-new 2 year old siblings as possible! :-) I'll let you know how my "plan" goes!!!
Then we spent the drive home in the glorious sun making a list of all the things we will do when Lovely is HOME and Dad is OFF work on Family Leave for 5 weeks!!!
Biking, hiking, park, library story-time, day trip to introduce Lovely to our amazing ocean, all made it on the list! I have to tell you, We can HARDLY WAIT!!!
12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. today's picture just makes me smile! It is Lovely and some of her friends laughing and playing on the swing and Baby M looks at it and says "Lovely is coming home then we are gonna play together!" Oh, YES they are!
So excited for you all!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to purchase those little things with a date in mind as to when they will actually get used! I like your idea about having only a few toys out that they each have one of. Please do let us know how that goes as I think I will implement that as well :)
ReplyDelete