
If I hurry I can post this while it is still today and in doing so keep up with Lindsay's Challenge of a post a day until we FLY!
Today I got to sit and listen to my sweet Husband preach an amazing sermon (if I do say so myself) and watch as his eyes filled with tears on multiple occasions while he shared with the people how VERY much the Father LOVES them! How very much the Father wants to Heal our hurts, give us the desires of our hearts, and set us free to love the world around us in Jesus' name..... many times we have used the stories of our life as a testimony of God's faithfulness when all around life appeared to be hopeless and today was not an exception. It blesses the Father when we are carried through life's darkest moments by HIM and go on to tell others how it is that we are still standing. It also blesses HIM when we share how HE has answered our deepest longings of our hearts and not only answered what we asked for but gone over and above what we even dared ask! Extravagance, that's what Extravagance is!
Even after sharing that God had supplied every last thing we needed to make our trip to bring Lovely home a very sweet, tiny lady came forward and shoved something in Jim's hands. Jim told her "No, no, remember I just shared that we had ALL we needed for the adoption!" She shook her head and said "No, God told me this was for you and you are going to another country and never know what things might come up as you are there and as you travel home so you are to have this, period." Extravagance!
We will take the gift with us, BUT feel strongly we will NOT need it AND we then will be able to come home and be able to bless another family adopting~
And bless them with Extravagance!
That's how our Father does it!
Now, to try and sleep and NOT look at my ticker telling me how many day,hours, minutes and seconds there are left until Lovely is in my arms again!
Blessings friends~Shelly
I wish tears contained calories because I would be soo skinny after all the calories I've burnt up over celebrating my thanksgiving of Gods grace & blessings for Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you can sleep :-) I would be up pacing just waiting for the day when you get to get on that plane and fly to your little girl! Can't wait for Lovely to be in your arms! I am so so happy for all of you!!!
ReplyDelete