Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Give me YOUR Eyes for just one second!"


Well, it's after 5:00 pm here so that probably means no visa appt email today (I have however gotten middle of the night emails from Haiti so NOT ruling it out!)
Today has been a day of extreme highs and lows.
Highs: family after family from our Orphanage got wonderful news of progress in their adoptions moving them ever so close to bringing their babies/children home! Lows: others who have waited as long as us or even longer still hear nothing!
Highs: sitting at the piano as I was asked last minute to play/sing for Sunday and pounding out "His Grace is Enough!"
Lows: at the very same time knowing one of my closest friends marriage today is ending.
Highs: Baby M seeing Lovely's picture on my phone and telling her "Mommy and Daddy and me are coming to bring you home!" (ummmm, guess I'm gonna have to tell him the part about him not going!)
Lows: reading an email of a young person so desperate they want to end their life today.
Life is so like that! Mixed with the thrills the blessings, the joy, so very often there is also the pain.
I asked today for a group of people to rise up and Pray for the Broken! And rise up we did!!! And we watched miracles unfold before our very eyes today.
However, we can not stop. These words came on the radio shortly after I made the request for prayer for the Broken: "Give me YOUR eyes for just ONE second!" My prayer tonight is that I/we keep seeing through HIS eyes for longer than a second....realizing that it was seeing through HIS eyes that brought us to Lovely in the first place!
Shell and Jim
p.s. tonights picture is Mama, Elijah and Baby M just waiting for Lovely to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment