

Someone suggested last night that I needed to post a blog each day until we leave to BRING LOVELY HOME, and I sighed and thought "I can't think that I will have something NEW to say every day!" Silly me, and as I said in love to my Mom just a short while ago "Oh ye, of little faith!" And she said in reply "how did I KNOW that is what you were going to say!"
All that was in response to "BUT we still need".............
Let me back up, as of last night I told you that God was seeming to put into place a chance for Lovely and BOTH of her brothers to actually meet on our way home from Haiti! I said something last night that as I've stewed over it today I have come to believe I was not correct. I said it was not a "need" for us to be able to be together BOTH of our boys AND Lovely at the same time as the whole family was a not a need but a "want". Today God has really spoken to my heart and let me know that, you know what? It IS a need! We have NEVER adopted not even one time ( in our now 5 adoptions) without coming from the airport to meet ALL the siblings waiting at home! The truth is, we have prayed for the chance for Elijah to go with us to Haiti to meet Lovely on one of our 3 trips we have already made and the money just was not there. So, that brings us to today:
If you are keeping track you know that a gift was given to allow Elijah to meet us in Colorado for our layover on our way home (and Grandma with him since we will not have him fly alone at 11!). You will remember that Grandma is also the only person delegated and approved by the state to care for baby M's medical needs in our abscence and when I left you last night I shared that another amazing,loving, Christian foster family baby M already knows had stepped up and said they would watch him.
BUT, now we needed 2 HUGE things: 1.Approval from the state at very short notice of this other family, and 2. The time and willingness for the Nurse to come and train the other foster Mama this week! (This nurse already works full-time, has 3 toddlers of her own, and does contract work for the state in her "spare time")
So, fast forward to today. As of 3:00 pm this afternoon I had not heard from the Nurse or the person from the state I needed approval from. I felt perhaps God was saying it was not to be and began wondering then when would Lovely's big Bubba and wife and children ever get to meet her. :-(
Then, in less than one hour the phone rang and it was the nurse! She was calling me as her very own daughter was in post-op from a procedure today! Yet, when I timidly asked my question of "could you even maybe fit us in THIS week" she replied without even a pause "Of course I could! Name the time and place" What?!
I quickly got off the phone and sent another email to my person with the state to tell them now I have a home ready, I have the Nurses training ready, I just NEED your approval of this whole really fast plan.............
and 10 minutes later I got this relpy "Approved! Have a Great Homecoming!"
So, you may ask what was the "oh ye of little faith" issue with my Mom (and I will show her this and she will laugh! :-) After ALL of this 3 for 3 Yes answers in less than 24 hours she then said, but we still have to see if we can get tickets for the money we have left! I actually threw my head back and really did laugh out loud! Tickets I am SURE are the very smallest of the problems that needed to be solved!
So, we wait now to hear we have that Visa appointment and the dates for travel and our AMAZING HOMECOMING will be known by us, and then YOU!
I have NO idea what I will have to write about tomorrow but I KNOW what I sure Pray I will be writing to tell you! ;-)
Still holding on tight to this amazing ride~Shell and Jim
(p.s. tonight's pix are of Big Brother Elijah who can hardly wait to meet Lovely, and Lovely and some of her friends!)
Ha! I wasn't trying to put the pressure on you to write more, just thought...why would God stop now? =) Yippee Jesus!
ReplyDeleteLove how God answers prayer!
ReplyDeleteSending my love & prayers to you and your family! Can't wait to meet Lovely!
ReplyDelete