

It's been a little over 24 hours since I posted yesterday and I tell you what, there has just been a FLURRY of activity going on revolving around those we know adopting from Haiti! We got a WONDERFUL email today confirming that things are moving along and we really are nearing the finish line! I will NOT say weeks in numbers, but I will say we are down to NOT very many of them! Still, not before Christmas but boy oh boy the reality of how close it is getting is happening in our home and we are over the top thrilled!!! (let's just say, Jim has been to his HR office and the paperwork for Family Leave is filled out just waiting for the exact dates to be filled in~Wooooooohooooo!!!)
Then the whole day today as I have watched my Facebook page I have read post after post of other families adopting from the same Orphanage as us posting the GREAT news they also got today!!!! All different news of progress with families moving forward right begind us, right with us and the BEST news of all of a family adopting a precious little baby girl whose PASSPORT was completed today! Every bit of it gives such hope to all of us to see the progress!
At the same time I am always aware of those who like me are seeing these posts and who are "stuck" at some point in the process and did not get an email today or have not gotten an email for a very long time! I remember that feeling SO well and it is heartbreaking to put it very mildly. I remember more then one night after a day like today with post after post of good news and not a thing for us where I cried myself to sleep if I slept at all. Two particular families I have asked you to pray for before, we'll call them "J" and "L" who have been in process as long or longer then we have (so that's 2 years!) and have NOT even made it into the Social Service office (IBESR) for their files to begin to be processed! My heart breaks for them, my heart breaks for their children waiting,waiting, waiting. I have asked you to pray so many time and again tonight I would ask you to pray and as I do I would remind you YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!! Today was just one example of how God is answering because you prayed! So, I would just ask again tonight for you to stop where you are and just lift up these families who are praising~Praise with them! And cry out to Jesus for those waiting~ Hurt with them....that's what empathy is, feeling the pain another is feeling and bringing it to Jesus for them. I often think of the story of how Moses grew so weary he could not even lift his arms up anymore and others had to come beside him and hold them up for him, maybe tonight we could be those people for "J" and "L" and the others waiting?!
Rejoicing and still praying tonight~
Shell
Oh, and I KNOW many of you are waiting to hear the "rest of the story" of what God is doing here on the home front as we have been waiting......that is another example of us learning to wait! We thought we would have news to share by now but not quite yet, so we wait....but, we will tell you just as soon as we can!
I've been on my knees daily praying for BEFORE CHRISTMAS! I'm not giving up on that! I sure love u guys!
ReplyDeleteOh Wendy, I will let you keep on praying that and take whatever answer the Father sees fit to give!!! Love you too~
ReplyDeleteHi there! I just found your blog and I'm delighted to hear this good news. We are also adopting a beautiful little girl from Haiti - we went to see the Judge about 1 month ago and are waiting to start hearing some good news as well. As a parent who has been stuck at numerous points in this adoption, it is also good and encouraging to hear that some children do actually come home! Sometimes it seems that our daughter and our future life with her is just a dream. Your timeline from court on is really good and very encouraging although I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the same too much :)
ReplyDeleteHi Denise,I'm glad to "meet" you! It is so good to have people in process who we can encourage and who encourage us! Do you have a blog I can follow? Praying for your good news to come very, very soon as well!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry, just saw your reply only now :) Yes, my blog is www.pressingin.com We recently heard that our daughter's file passed through Parquet... and I haven't heard if she is through civil courts yet or not... I love hearing that things are moving though!! Praying that your travel dates come very, very soon. Our orphanage has also had some great movement in the last few weeks - after so many files being delayed and stuck this is welcomed news! A family just arrived home yesterday with their son, and at least 2 more are close behind. Love it!! my personal email is nausfamily @ yahoo.com <3
ReplyDelete