Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WE ARE OUT OF IBESR AND GOING TO HAITI!!!!


I know most of you have heard our amazing news by now but I promised I'd try and at least blog a little of the "details" so this will be quick but OH SO, EXCITING!!! SO, you Know yesterday we found out our Dossier was OUT of IBESR but here is a little of the "back story" we have not told yet.
In June Jim put in his vacation request at the college for a week in August and much to our dismay, and a few other more colorful words and feelings---it was denied! Instead he was offered a week between terms in..........September! September 10-20th to be exact!!! To say I was miffed is putting it very lightly! We took a couple long weekends away but fumed silently that we would not get a vacation until AFTER school started again for Elijah. Ok, by now most of you are rolling on the floor laughing and have figured it out already but I will keep going! So, 3 weeks ago when we heard again "you just need one signature and then you will be OUT of IBESR" we prayed and in a giant JUMP of faith called our travel agent and asked him to put together a sample Itenirary "just in case" we could fly to Haiti then. Well, if you are still with me you will have figured out that the travel date we had temp planned was Sunday Sept 11th, the same day one year ago Jim traveled to Haiti to meet Lovely for the first time!!!! Well, we had heard nothing more from Haiti and vacation dates were almost here, so Jim emailed the family whose lake house we use from time to time and asked if we could spend next week there, so we would at least have some vacation! He sent me a text back in a few minutes with these words: "Lake House NOT available, guess we are going to Haiti!" I wrote back: "If only........." Then,less then 2 hours later THE EMAIL ARRIVED FROM HAITI!!!!Sooooooooooooooooooooo when we got the email we were OUT we called the travel agent and asked could we still travel the dates he had put together for us and the amazing news was YES we can........of course, the price had gone up, but right now WHO CARES!
OK, Flash forward to late last night AFTER all the excitement and the air had calmed a tiny,tiny bit and we get another email from Haiti "Please do not book your flights yet, The Judge you need to see is ON VACATION!"
WHAT??? EXCUSE ME??? This must be a typo!!! :-) But No, the judge we need to see is out of the office next week on vacation! So, I really think the Father being the Father, yet again was scolding us! You see, HE told us we could NOT plan this out, NOT control it in ANY WAY and BOY THAT HAS SURE BEEN CLEAR this last 20 months as we waited and waited! But then, we were trying to plan it again, and again plans were changed! HOWEVER, at this point It is ALL amazing and we are GOING TO SEE OUR BABY GIRL, AND LEGALLY BECOME HER MAMA AND PAPA!!! So, we have been delayed a week or so but it really does NOT matter!!!!
***Ok, another amazing miracle: the very same day we get THE NEWS WE ARE OUT we get a check in the mail to COVER ONE OF OUR PLANE TICKETS for the extra trip for court we had not planned on when this whole journey began!!! HUGE SMILE!!!
***One more "detail" in the whole list of all that has to be done: in the long,long wait we have had our Fingerprints for the USA just expired! Well, we will rush up to Portland tomorrow and fall on the mercy of the Fingerprinting office to "squeeze us in" and do our prints tommorow..........and then they will be done before we fly again!
***AND ONE MORE HUGE DETAIL: Soooooo many people have asked "now you get to bring her home?!" OHHHHHH we soooo wish that was the case! Sadly, but not so sadly really we do not bring her home this time. This trip is to go before the Judge in Haiti where we will be approved and legally become Lovely Roseline Jamieson's parents! The step we just passed in getting OUT of IBESR was the step of Haiti approving us to adopt her!There are a few more steps and signatures before she will be able to come home, and she will be legally our daughter while still in Haiti. At that point in the process in some International adoptions many families go and stay with their child until the visa's and passports are ready. We could do this, and believe me this Mama WANTS TO. We had actually talked about that concept for me at least before we found out Micah would still be with us, and before it became clear that the timetable for the Post-Court wait is not quite as predicatable as in some other countries. BUT the important thing is: This trip HAD TO HAPPEN and nothing more could happen until it did, and it is NOW HAPPENING!!! We could not be more thrilled!!! Jim and I have both been to meet Lovely but have not been there together and we just can not wait to be there all 3 of us together just loving on her, bonding with her, praying over her,singing with her, and whispering in her ear "We will be back Baby Girl, we WILL BE BACK!"
Each of you reading this has had such a huge part in this whole story even if you do not know it! Without your prayers, support, words of encouragement,shoulders to cry on,$ you have sent to help, formula you have sent to take to the babies, clothes for the babies and for Lovely, we just could NOT have done this! And we just want you to know how very much we love and value each one of you! I have said it before but will say it again "We Serve a Mighty God WHO ANSWERS Prayers" and we would BE HONORED to pray for the burdens of your hearts too!
On this Journey with you...........a few short days away from holding my Lovely again in my arms~
Shelly,and Jim
P.S. the photo is Lovely with a great friend Lindsay who was just in Haiti with her husband spending time with her 2 boys and loving on Lovely....now we get to Love on her boys for her! PLEASE pray for her and her husband~ They are waiting for their papers to go IN where ours just came OUT and need a miracle right now!! I will also get to Love on baby "V" Lesley's son who many of you have seen pictures of on my blog or on FB....PRAY for them as well! They are OUT but need a very important signature for their case to start moving again! Lesley and I have told each other all along we are going to go and bring our babies home at the same time and FINALLY get to meet each other in person! Oh, there are so many other names I could tell you to pray for: Wendy, Whitney,Emily, Melanie,Laurie,Kim,Michelle, and on and on just know we are just one family in this wait and we ALL need your prayers!!! Thanks friends!

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY! Aside from prayer...what can we do? Its been a summer of miracles for us to! Im soo happy for you guys! Ill be singing &I crying happy tears all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! so exciting! kristen demura

    ReplyDelete