Thursday, September 15, 2011

When a Pair of shoes is so much more then a Pair of shoes



As we prepare to go to Haiti again people have been so very generous with supplies to take with us for the Orphanage. We be will taking 50 pounds of specialty formula for an Orphanage caring for Preemie and Medically Fragile Infants! And another 15-20 cans of formula for our Orphanage along with:flip-flops,clothing,10 huge brand new towels,too much toothpaste to count,20 lg cans of tuna,oatmeal,medical supplies, and on and on!!! And then, there are the pair of young boys shining,dress-up, going to church black patent leather shoes! A dear woman who wanted to take part in what we were doing came to me and told me she had a pair of shoes for me. I thanked her, of course....then noticed she was crying. It was then that she told me that the shoes belonged to her precious son who now lived in Heaven with Jesus and my Daughters! When she heard we were going to Haiti and collecting supplies to take she "knew" this was the time to give the shoes away. Her words were "I could think of nothing better to do with his shoes then to send them with you and picture a sweet Haitian boy wearing them to church!" Now, we were both crying. I shared with her that on my last trip I wore Dannielle's hot pink flip-flops then left them with Lovely's Nanny and KNEW Dannielle would be pleased! So, we will try and make room for everything that we have been given and if we have to take a few things out one thing I KNOW will not be taken out is a shiny pair of black patent leather young boys chuch shoes given with such love and sacrifice!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...made me cry in my soup (so much for reading blogs while I eat lunch). Happy tears though-- I just get so excited how many stories God is able to weave together and about mending hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is so touching. And wouldn't you guess, I'm crying again. I never even thought of all the things you could take with. I could probably fill a whole suitcase with gently used shoes and other supplies. I'm really glad to hear you have so much formula to take. I asked about getting some at the hospital today but they only gave me a small thing of it.

    ReplyDelete