I just dropped Jim off at the Airport, and he got on a plane and headed up in the air and out of the country- to Haiti!
In less than 12 hours he will have one of the MOST LOVELY THRILLS OF HIS LIFE as he meets, holds, and loves on for the very first time, our daughter Lovely Roseline! I have NEVER in all our almost 30 years of marriage wanted sooooooooooooo much to be getting on that plane with him to go where he is going and do what he is about to do!
It's NOT that I am actually really jealous of him, I just can't believe he will get to meet her without me. We have never met one of our amazing children without both of us being there!
You might not know this, but we could both go to Haiti right now and live with our baby girl and begin parenting her!!!!!!!!!!!! We just can not leave the country! Only those who have adopted; and even more specifically, adopted a child already born and ready to come home to you can understand the EXTREME pain it is to know she is there and NOT be able to just scoop her up and bring her home!
We went through this one other time when Elijah was born. Due to a mix-up from the state he was born in and our state, he became our son at 4 days old and we/I could have gone to him then, gotten him and taken him anywhere in that state and began loving on him and caring for him......but, NOT take him out of that state. I was unable to go. It lasted 3 weeks! I thought I would not survive it!!!!
Our wait is small right now compared to MANY others waiting for their precious babies how ever old they may be, whatever country they may be in, they are OUR children. But, that doesn't change the pain of our wait, and the overwhelming feeling of knowing I am not there with her tonight, nor will I be meeting her in the morning. For now, I wait. Trusting, most of the time, that she will be home so very soon! And then, just as in the Labor Pains which are a pain every woman that has them thinks she will not survive, but the moment their baby is placed in their arms they forget all the pain! The moment she is placed in my arms I will NOT even remember this time of pain~this wait.
For tonight,"Be safe Papa, be safe!" And kiss my baby girl for me, and whisper in her ear: " You are loved my sweet, And You are NOT alone!"
Aww, hang in there Shell. I can't imagine how hard this is. I'm praying extra hard for peace for you tonight.
ReplyDeleteTEARS!!!! I am so excited for you all....especially Roseline to have her Daddy hugging, kissing and praying over her!!! And I am excited that he can tell Vensly that we love him and will be there as soon as we can to do the same!
ReplyDeleteI know that I am going to have the toughest time leaving him.....
You asked me the other day what I was praying for and I to, would love for him to be home by May 10th...his birthday!! If not by then....then in July we are scheduled to go with our church on a mission trip and would love to bring him home when we leave!!!
Can't wait to see all the pictures from his trip!!!
thanks friends! Praying the next trip will be SOON and will be to bring her home! Jim said in an email tonight that she has not let him put her down since he met her!!!! Hugging on him at all times---obvious she know who her Papa is!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to stop tears as I read this to Jim today. We are so excited for you, but understand your grief as you are waiting and trying to be patient, knowing that GOD is in control! We were blessed that our sweet boy was in your arms while he was waiting for us! We are praying now for Both of their health and safety, and especially praying for a miracle to get your girl home to you asap!!! We love you lots, and appreciate you being so transparent with your emotions ~joys, and fears~, and willing to let us continue on with you in your adoption journey of Lovely!
ReplyDelete