Sunday, September 12, 2010

Email from Jimmy in Haiti with Lovely Roseline




"Shelly, she's just beautiful!
Most of the time her eyes look very sad, but when she smiles (and I got pictures!), she just melts you. Her smile is gorgeous! I've tried to get her to play, but she won't. I'm going to try taking her back to the nursery and staying in there with her today to see if that makes her more comfortable. She HATES the little wrist rattles (elephant and bunny). I offered them to her and she screamed as she pushed them away. She also cried when I put the blanket up next to her. But........she carries the little blue rattle with the spinning ball in the middle everywhere we go. She has it in her hands right now! At dinner, they only gave me milk for her. They told me not to feed her my food, and only gave her milk. I'm using that yellow tippy cup, and she loves drinking water from that. They don't seem to give the babies water, but I thought she had a temperature yesterday (she DID have a temp, but the nanny felt her head and said no), and after she drank two full cups of water, she cooled down. She wants to do nothing be but held and cuddle! We walked up and down the stairs, and all over the compound several times. The orphanage and guest house are all the same place and the pool is between. It's on a hill, so my room is 6 floors above the orphanage. We have walked a lot of stairs! I can't wait for you to meet her! Claudette (the Orphanage director's wife) is very warm and friendly. She and I talked a lot, and they had a twenty-one year old daughter die in 2006 also! (the same year our sweet Dannielle went to live with Jesus) She was born on May 13th (Dannielle was born on May 15th!) and died just after her 21st birthday from kidney cancer (and Dannielle left us just after her 22nd Birthday!)
Okay, breakfast is almost ready.
I love you and wish we were doing this together!"
Jimmy
***after this email he was able to call me and tell me a little more....and, I would just ask that you pray NOW for Lovely Roseline's health! She has a couple issues that are "liveable" here in the States, but very serious in a country where even having access to Imodium is difficult! We are just praying URGENTLY that she be able to be seen by a Doctor again asap- get help, and then GET HOME!!!!
Thanks all of you for your love, prayers and support!!!! We are "In this together"
that is for sure!!!
Shell
p.s. Picture is NOT Lovely Roseline :-) But is Jimmy with one of "R Babies"
p.p.s. Just so you know HOW MUCH Jimmy LOVES his new daughter----that pony-tail you see in his hair came off at 10:00 pm the night before he left for Haiti! He wanted to make sure he did not do ANYTHING to offend the (very conservative) Director of the Orphanage or his wife, so put it back in a ponytail and had me chop it off! I tried my best to "fix" it that night, but "suggested" the next day that he stop on his way home from class before he flew out of the country and have a professional fix it! I am sure it is already growing out again, but he said over and over again how it was totally worth it to meet OUR GIRL! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Shell,
    Sounds like she is soaking up her "daddy time" as much as he is! We will be praying for her health and quick trip home to her Momma and brothers!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! I have so much I want to say about this and about your text last night. I'm just so busy (I know you understand) So in a few days I can get back on here and talk to you. Still praying a lot though. So awesome to hear this but hard too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the email I just got tonight!
    She went with me to take pictures (she hasn't been away from me since I arrived), and one of her nannies held her arms out.........Roseline buried her face in my chest! Another just took her so I could take pictures, and she cried until they handed her back! She's already beginning to bond to me. We're going to have to come back very soon! I just love her, and it's getting enormously stronger as she becomes more responsive. She's our daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how she is sleeping now that she is so happy to be with him. I bet it is so nice just to be cuddled when she doesn't feel well.

    Hearing about Claudette's story is really interesting, and sad of course. Such similarity's. I bet you all can feel such a bond now.

    You will have to tell me more about her health issues, that is if you know more. Could we get meds to her? Marshall is going to Haiti in November, is there anything we could send with him? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marshall is going in November??!!!! GOOD JOB GOD! So proud of him for answering the voice calling him to act on what he has heard! I will msg you about the med's! They are calling for a dr to see her again tomorrow, and if it is what we are thinking she will need to be on ongoing med's! That is why she NEEDS to be home! But, I will see about what they say we can perhaps get to her.

    ReplyDelete