Monday, October 24, 2011

A New Way of Counting!!!

News came today and as I read the email I realized we had crossed another threshold, another marker in this LONG adoption process: we are now counting down to the finish line in WEEKS instead of months! Wow, I mean really WOW! When we started this whole journey nearly 2 years ago now I never,ever thought of it taking this long, but then yet again, I never really processed what this day would feel like either! We HAVE a daughter again! In someones hands today there is a Document with the name Lovely Roseline Jamieson on it and in weeks NOT months there will also be a passport and a visa and a return last trip to bring her HOME! I was at a Children's Hospital this morning for an appointment and as I left it just really HIT me: "I am no longer waiting to give birth, she IS our daughter NOW she is just not home!" Much like the tiny little babies born in this same Children's Hospital too soon, too sick, too ?? And their Mama is discharged from the Hospital without her baby, sent home with empty arms.....but NOT childless! Her baby has been born but for one reason or another could not come home with her. Would she choose to leave her baby there? Of course not! But there was not choice.Would I choose to leave my Daughter in Haiti and come thousands of miles to our home, her home? Of course not! But there was not a choice. And just like everything is taking place for those tiny babies to go home as soon as possible with their Mothers, everything that needs to happen is taking place for Lovely to come home to me~ to us! And now, we are counting in WEEKS NOT MONTHS!!! Now, I KNOW there will be a bunch of you asking "how many weeks?" as soon as you see this, and to that I will tell you I am not going to put a number here because if you have been watching you know those can change a lot! BUT just look at your calendar and think weeks and keep on praying like I know you are!
Counting in a NEW way, Shelly, Lovely's Mama

6 comments:

  1. This is so good to hear Shelly. And what a great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This took me forever to read because I could not find my place through the tears after reading the words, "We HAVE a daughter again!" We are praying weeks and so thrilled that those weeks will soon be days, minutes and moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and great analogy! She missed the pumpkin photos this year, but praying she'll be there with the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still praying that she will be home soon...God's timing is the best...He loves ALL of you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I just found your blog. How old is your adorable Lovely? We are adopting a 4 year old little girl from Haiti. I am excited to start following your blog. Here is a link to ours:
    www.aplaceinourhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx! Lovely is 2 1/2 and we have been in process for 21 months...... And, she should be home just before or just after Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete