
Many people have been asking "what's happening, what have you heard" and, I had planned that I would not post a new blog until I had the amazing great news that we were OUT and headed to Haiti for court. But, since that is still something we are waiting to hear I thought I would just post a quick note of where things stand. At this time we are still in IBESR which means our paperwork is being processed. With the election for President now over in Haiti we are hoping that things will calm again and papers will keep moving. There are parts of all of this that we do not understand and I thought that someday when Lovely was home I might share more of that, but I now realize that when she is home the parts I did not understand really will not matter anymore!
What we have seen from other families in our Adoption Support group post-earthquake is that the new trend seems to be that when your papers are OUT of IBESR you are requested to come to Haiti for court, where the Adoption is finalized! We are not sure yet of all the details and if that is how it will play out for our family, but we still have: Lovely's suitcase packed, her Amazing dress for court hanging in my closet where I can see it each day, her clothes hanging in the Nursery closet, an Amazing new quilt for her crib made by a family member who loves her already, lots and lots of snacks and goodies packed to take to share with Lovely and her friends,and the plan in place for being able to leave in a moments notice when the email comes. Until then, please keep praying for Lovely and for us. The timelines we put on things have needed to continue to change but we know that the One who is in chare of it all has not changed, and the day IS COMING when our daughter will come home and we can hardly wait!
So very thankful for all of you and your love, prayers and support!
Praying praying praying......won't stop....I can't wait to hold her...if she'll let me :))) Thanks for the update Shell....I know this can't be easy.....oxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteShelly, what an AMAZING story (and the ones below) of your journey for Lovely to be here at home with you and Jim. It was very moving, and I thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDelete