Friday, October 8, 2010

The first thing to do is Nothing~ Rest


Tonight I share with you a devotional I started reading many years ago when our first baby girl from Haiti went to Heaven to live with Jesus. It is full of Great words of wisdom I just really need tonight as I worry so much about our baby girl, and try to figure out how to get her home to get her help! I need to remind myself daily to:
Take a breath, trust the Father cares more about our hearts, minds, and babies than we do, and rest! Phew- I need those words.....written soooooo long ago, but so true!(this book "Streams in the Desert" was written 1rst edition 1925!!!!)
Isaiah 50:10 in the New Living Bible says: " Who among you fears the Lord and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God."
"What shall the believer do in times of darkness-the darkness of perplexity and confusion, not of heart but of mind? Times walking obediently in the will of God; seasons when he does not know what to do, nor which way to turn. The sky is overcast with clouds. The clear light of Heaven does not shine upon his pathway. One feels as if he were groping his way in darkness.
Beloved, is this you? What shall the believer do in times of darkness? Listen! "Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and rely upon his God.
The first thing to do is nothing. This is hard for poor human nature to do. In the West there is a saying that runs thus, "When you're rattled, don't rush", in other words, "when you don't know what to do, don't do it."
When you run into a spiritual fog bank, don't tear ahead; slow down the machinery of your life. If necessary, anchor your boat. We are simply to trust God. While we trust, God can work. Worry prevents Him from doing anything for us. If the darkness that overshadows us strikes terror in us, if we run hither and yon in vain effort to find some way of escape out of a dark place of trial, where divine providence has put us, the Lord can do nothing for us.
The peace of God must quiet our minds and rest our hearts. We must put our hand into the hand of God like a little child, and let Him lead us out into the bright sunshine of His love!"
He knows the way out of the woods. Let us climb into His arms, and trust Him to take us out by the shortest and surest road.
Dr. Pardington
Trusting for our miracle tonight! Trusting, and waiting.

4 comments:

  1. What you said about our Father caring even more about our babies than we do really hit me. How true yet how easily I forget that sometimes.

    And the rest is really what I needed to hear and remember. Thank you for sharing Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly said! Love you and remember I am always praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace and rest to you both today! Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when we were waiting to bring Judson home and I was just a mess because it seemed so close and yet so far. The Lord gave me a vision of Jesus sitting in a rocking chair in the creche holding my son in his arms--just rocking. It was such a comfort to me. God is faithful, and I believe He will bring Lovely Roseline home soon.

    ReplyDelete